MY FAVORITE LOVE SONGS
Random order, no YouTube links cuz I'm lazy, but I adore sappy love songs, so here goes:
- •You're the Inspiration (by Chicago)The soundtrack to many unrequited teenage crushes. Plus we had to learn it in 8th grade Chorus. I can still sing the harmony!
- •Love Theme from St. Elmo's Fire (by David Foster)Instrumental, and so beautiful.
- •The Book of Love (Peter Gabriel's version)Heard for the first time in the tear-jerker Scrubs finale.
- •Can't Help Falling in Love (Haley Reinhart's version)Heard it in a gum commercial and it was instantly my favorite cover.
- •Anything for Love (by Gordon Lightfoot)His attempt at 80s pop, produced by David Foster, and a sweet song.
- •These Arms of Mine (by Otis Redding)So romantic. And hot.
- •When a Man Loves a Woman (by Percy Sledge)Mainly because my date and I danced in the parking lot to this after prom, after promising each other one last slow dance, to the first slow song on the radio.
- •Don't Go Breaking My Heart (by Elton John & Kiki Dee)Mainly because a guy I crushed on used to sing it to me.
- •Somewhere Only We Know (by Keane)Very simple and sweet and lovely.
- •The Girl (by City and Colour)Such a great tribute.
- •There are dozens more, but this will do for now. Thanks for the request, @veshecco !!