MY FIRST BEST FRIEND 👫👬👭
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •My first best friend was a girl named Kelly.We were in the same class in kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades. We were inseparable. Did projects together, sat together, played together.
- •I moved away in 2nd grade.We became pen pals, and wrote letters back and forth until 6th grade. We swapped class pictures, too.
- •We drifted apart as we got older.By the time we hit middle school/Jr. High/puberty, life took over. Boys became more important, real-life friends took precedence.
- •We lost touch for 30 years.Until one day I randomly checked my "other" mailbox on Facebook.
- •She found me.What happened next was a flurry of back-and-forth Facebook messages, tears of joy, confessions that we'd both missed each other over the years but didn't know how to find each other. Until Facebook.
- •We're back in each other's lives now!It's so wonderful to know that after all this time we're still friends, still keep tabs on each other, still have a bond.