Pick 1: A Song or Fictional Character That Best Defines Me (and of course WHY!)
Reaching WAY back in time for this..
- •Carol Seaver from Growing Pains.
- •I was a super-brainy nerd like her in my younger teens.Glasses, bookworm, not many friends.
- •Slowly I started to grow up.Lost the glasses, grew out the mullet.
- •Eventually a young woman emerged.Makeup, smiles, friends.
- •The parallel ends there. But then again, so did the show, not long after that.
- •It helped tremendously for my shy, dorky awkward self to have a character to connect to.Especially when she and Bobby got to know each other, because I was terrified around boys.
- •I don't know where Carol Seaver would be today, but I imagine her as capable, confident and together.On the cheesy reunion movies, she was a lawyer. Not me at all, but made sense for her character.
- •Thanks for the request!