THE FIRST TIME I GOT DRUNK
- •Background: I grew up a straight-laced preacher's kid in a small town. Anything "bad" I did would've gotten back to my dad at lightning speed, so I was good all through high school.
- •In college, the peer pressure cranked up, and I broke down and decided to drink some. My friends were dying to see Drunk Jamie, so they plied me with wine coolers.
- •Nothing happened. The first alcohol to pass my lips was like SEVEN wine coolers. I didn't feel a thing.Crazy weird tolerance, I guess? I still don't get tipsy easily.
- •We had a motel party later that semester, and stepped up the game. I learned quickly that I hate the taste of Rum, but Vodka and Diet Coke? Smoooth.
- •That did the trick. I got hammered. Room spinning, no ability to follow conversation, everything was hilarious, couldn't focus my eyes. I was finally officially drunk!
- •And I hated it. That was the first and last time I got blind drunk.
- •To this day, I don't drink often, and only one or two drinks at most, just to relax.
- •I don't enjoy losing control and my inhibitions, saying stupid stuff, acting like a fool. (Plus it's expensive. 😂)
- •That's just me, though. You do you! As long as you're safe with a DD and someone to keep you from fights or unwanted hookups, go for it! 🍻