THE MEANING OF LIFE IN FIVE BULLET POINTS, ACCORDING TO ME
My philosophy only, as a southern Christian woman who tries hard to defy stereotypes. Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •We are part of something much bigger.I believe in a God who made the universe and everything in it, who knows how screwed up we are, and made a way through Jesus for us to be forgiven & spend eternity with him. My tiny life is a blip in the scheme of things. My job here is to trust Him, represent Him well and love others like He said to.
- •Love is everything.It accomplishes absolutely nothing to hate others, to kill others, to fight others, to argue with others. Love covers a lot of differences, opens your eyes to help others, reminds you that life is sacred.
- •Give.There will always be folks in need who could use what you give. Give time by volunteering. Give things by donating your stuff. Give money by donating to worthy organizations or churches or friends or family. Give attention by expanding your mind, learning about things that matter. Give without hoping to receive back. Give for the sheer joy of it, to be a blessing to others.
- •There's beauty in everything.Open your eyes and look around at the things that aren't Instagrammed or Vined or Tweeted. Leaves, skies, funny signs in the neighborhood, the kid at the next table in the restaurant, a sweet article from your local paper, your mom's holiday decorations. Everything tells a story!
- •Have fun!Don't take anything too seriously, look for things to smile about, be of good cheer this time of year and always.