What a Long Strange "Trip".....
Gonna take this literally and share a memory about a "trip" that was technically more like a slip.
- •See this pic?This is where it happened.
- •It's hard to tell from the pic, but there's a step down from the yard to the driveway.Right where the monkey grass ends.
- •On this particular day we were dealing with some rare winter weather in the south.
- •And if you notice, my yard didn't get as much sunlight as my neighbor's across the street. So we kinda had two climates going on.
- •As I was leaving for work that day, I made my way down the icy porch, down the snowy walkway and down that treacherous step.
- •My feet just BAM! went out from under me and I went down, flat on my back, hitting my head on that step.My feet slid halfway under my car. I'm amazed I didn't keep sliding into the street.
- •I was glad it was early enough that no one saw it happen.So embarrassing!
- •Then I hear a raspy, Patty-and-Selma, two-packs-a-day voice call out, "Are you all right, sugar?"
- •My neighbor's mom, Miss Bunny, saw the whole thing.
- •I laugh about it now, imagining what she saw. First I was walking, then I just disappeared from view.Musta been pretty funny! I was ok, by the way. Had a headache that day but nothing serious.
- •Thanks for the list request, @gd3 !