WHY I HATE CLOWNS
All this damn clown talk is triggering long-supressed memories. I think I will share them in an attempt to purge them from my brain.
- •Years ago, we lived in a small town, and Dad was pastor at a small church.
- •There was a family there that had like nine kids, all grown by the time we got there.
- •The matriarch of the family happened to have a Halloween birthday.
- •To celebrate, the whole extended family would get together for a bonfire cookout.Roasted wieners, marshmallows, the whole shebang. And naturally, the pastor and his family were always included. Small town tradition.
- •Along with the birthday festivities, they liked to have some Halloween fun, too.
- •All the men in the family would dress up in tattered clothes and put freaky masks on.
- •They would then go after the kids.
- •They'd run around chasing and scaring us, then sneak up behind us, grab us and drag us into the woods.
- •They'd hold us there for a few minutes while we freaked out, then let us run back to the bonfire.I knew all of them. The "fun" involved figuring out who was who. I felt safer somehow if I knew who it was behind the mask.
- •After grabbing all us kids at least once, they'd swap clothes and masks and get us again.
- •So even if you had figured out it was Tim behind the Swamp Thing mask (for example), you'd get terrified all over again because HOLY SHIT THATS NOT TIM!
- •So, long story short, that's why I hate clowns and will be SO GLAD when this stupid clown meme shit is over with. 😠