Amazing Pre-pesach Interactions
Trying to explain Passover observance doesn't always go over well, but if you don't explain too much, sometimes things are priceless.
- •Non-Jews love matza and wish it was sold in bulk year-roundSafeway bagger sees my 5 lbs of matza and tells me that she needs to remember get some since it's on sale and they only sell it once a year!
- •People begging for money get quite excited when you give them a whole challahGetting rid of my chametz. This guy made sure to ask me if I'd tried the cinnamon twist challah.
- •UCSF police are cutting back on carbsReally? That's why you refused my candy bars?
- •"Your sect of Judaism sounds really high maintenance"She's not wrong. I wouldn't say that I have a particular sect, but other than that, this is a super high maintenance holiday.
- •Interactions with my myself - do I need to buy new everything? Boil everything? Throw a brick in the pot that's boiling? Scrub it all? Cover my whole place in foil? What about appliances that have only ever touched water? Water and coffee??