Hidden Costs in Marathon Training
I will run this thing. May not be fast, may feel crazy afterwards, but I will run through those 5 boroughs and cross that Central Park finish line. Only halfway thru training though?!?
- •Not hidden - registration fee - over $250?!?NYC MARATHON -
- •Not surprising - new running shoes
- •GuApparently you can make this yourself with honey, molasses, and chia seeds. I will probably not do that.
- •FlipBelt to carry plenty of gu + phone + money + keys
- •Foam rollerWhich color? What size? With spikes or without? Hollow or solid?
- •More running capris, shorts, shirts, sportsbras - exercising more often requires more clothingAnd yet still demands doing laundry more frequently. Also finding different clothes to be more comfortable on longer runs in particular - compression shorts?
- •Possibly co-pays to see physical therapist or podiatrist or MD/NP
- •FoodI always ate a lot. I may eat more now.
- •Tennis balls or lacrosse balls or frozen water bottlesBecause sometimes you hurt your heel