Now Part of My Running Gear?
Training for first marathon...
- •Compression shortsLike bike shorts but somehow different. Remarkably great for longer runs.
- •HatMy mom is now proud of me. I hate hats but trying to stay safe from those dangerous UV rays
- •SunscreenFeels odd in SF but we are getting more sun that normal and I am spending more time outside than normal....
- •GuPeople have asked me what it's made from and all I can say is that it's completely unnatural...
- •Mapmyrun - need to find routes that are___ miles to meet my training plan
- •The obvious things that aren't new: shorts/capris/running pants, shirt, sports bra, running shoes, socks, etc
- •What am I forgetting? Or what do I need to add?
- •I do not yet own a running belt. Really necessary?
- •Also not quite sold on the world of Powerade/Gatorade but they were on sale for 49 cents each a few weeks ago so now I have one at home and a bunch in a drawer at work
- •Water bottle for non-running times.Staying hydrated is key to avoiding muscle injury (I know. I was dehydrated and now I'm not running the nycm). But drinking a few liters of water throughout the day will make your runs much better and you won't need as much water or gu or sport drink during the actual run.Suggested by @donnie