The Best Quotes from Chuck Todd's "Keepin' it 1600" Podcast Interview
The "Meet the Press" moderator was interviewed by Jon Favreau and Dan Pfeiffer. The podcast was uploaded May 12.
- •"Donald Trump hacked the process in a way that I think all of us knew could be hacked, but didn't believe it was possible. He hacked the media; he hacked the Republican Party."
- •"He's taken advantage ... of old media, of being ignored for so long. Here was a guy who was paying attention to old media. I really believe that that's part of cable's obsession with him, particularly the CNN obsession with him. It's 'Oh my god, someone cares about us again!'"
- •"I can't tell you who is more vitriolic: a Trump supporter on Twitter or a Sanders supporter on Twitter; it's very close. It's unbelievable. People will look up to find out what my religion is - things like that - and it's just like, jeezus."
- •"When I started saying no to phoners - I didn't announce we were no-phoners until March, but we were no phones actually going back to January, [and] Trump never blinked. Every time that he wanted to do the show he found a studio. It just turned out too many people said yes, and made it easier" for Trump to phone it in.
- •"Ted Cruz is somebody that just won't answer a question more so than most. He's so disciplined, to the point of I think it makes him look bad."
- •"The minute millennials start having kids, I guarantee you their media diets are going to change - by necessity. ...Only chasing the millennial demographic will actually punish you down the road."
- •"My issue with podcasts is there's too many good ones, and the next great business is going to be, who is going to invent The Hotline for podcasts, because I can't listen to all of the ones I want to listen too every week."