TV Shows I Probably Watched 40 Years Ago Today (May 17, 1976)
I had just graduated from college with a journalism degree, didn't have a job and lived with my parents. I had a lot of time to watch my favorite shows.
- •7 p.m. CST - RhodaThe mouth on her! So sassy!
- •7:30 p.m. - Family AffairJody and Buffy were a bit too scrubbed for me, but nothing else good was in that time slot.
- •8:30 - PhyllisLove ya, Cloris Leachman. (She turned 90 last month.)
- •9:00 - The Emmy AwardsThey were hosted by John Denver and Mary Tyler Moore that night.
- •10:30 - The Tonight ShowJohn Davidson was the substitute host and Charo was the guest, so I probably shut it off.
- •Midnight - The Tomorrow ShowI loved Tom Snyder, but I'm guessing I didn't watch beyond his opening remarks because of his guest list that night: Maury Allen, David Israel, Wells Twombly (who?!) and Dick Schaap.