MY LAST (WEEKDAY) OF MATERNITY LEAVE (SO FAR)
- •Held my snuggly girl in the car for several hours to avoid ER germs while my husband got checked out
- •Lugged snuggly girl, her car seat, and her diaper bag into the hospital when husband was admittedIgnored vomiting lady in ER; schlepped to wrong elevator; wandered around to find right elevator
- •Took baby home and tried to rest while she hung out with her grandadListened to her cry for a while; told myself this was good practice for both of us for next week at daycare; went downstairs to comfort her after 10 minutes of crying
- •Took a 2 hour nap!
- •Traded baby duty with my MIL. Started hospital duty with my husbandFelt guilty about relaxing in the hospital recliner while away from my baby; told myself it was good practice for both of us
- •Felt sad about how the last day of maternity leave has turned out so far...Told myself not to feel sad; things could be worse; grateful for help with baby and husband who is healthy enough to go home soon