TEXTS FROM DRESSING ROOMS
If we're close, I've texted you photos and asked you to help corroborate, dissuade me, persuade me, or generally agonize over whether I should get something. If not, we're about to get a lot closer
- •Is this fancy enough for a black tie wedding? I need you to say yes because IT HAS POCKETS.
- •Do I look artsy and avante garde enough for ARTOPIA? Can you tell it's too big and I'd have to pin it?
- •Alternately, I could be like edgy-mod-leather girl at ARTOPIA, right? Right??
- •SCRATCH THAT - what if I went vintage formal, like careless vintage formal? I would look like Megan Draper rolling up to ARTOPIA! Yes or no and why?
- •WAIT - maybe I'm thinking too bright and edgy. What about this little black Michael Kors dress? Too boring, right?I went with this and was so at ease in my boringness.
- •Is this too much for our contrived "party" photoshoot? Also, what's a girl with defined hips and thighs to do with those LINES?! Will Spanx fix this?Spanx did fix this. 🙌🏼
- •Are these artfully frayed but well-fitting enough to be the boyfriend jeans of my dreams? And are they worth $80?I didn't get these and I think about them weekly.
- •Is anyone gonna talk me out of buying this yellow faux leather jacket? SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.It was a group text and no one talked me out of it. Partly because I had no service in that dressing room. I took their silence as permission.