NOTABLE CRUSHES FROM K-12 AND COLLEGE
- •ZachZach was the cutest boy in my second grade class, was exceptionally well behaved, and had green eyes and lots of freckles. I admired him from afar and thought he was just like Harry Potter.
- •BrandonHe was well spoken and liberal, which was enough for me to obsess over from senior prom until high school graduation.
- •GreigI liked Greig from 4th - 6th grade. I spent most of those two years making fun of him but secretly fawning over his boyishly good looks and wishing he would tell me the name of his dog. When I told him I was moving at the end of 6th grade, he told me his dog's name was Boboli. I would later find out that his dog's name is actually Thor.
- •JordanAn incredibly formative crush, Jordan is now one of my good friends and I spent a little over a quarter of college fawning over him, on and off. I've dated a few guys since and I can with absolute certainty that I would never, ever, ever be happy with someone as positive and relentlessly peppy as Jordan.
- •StephenStephen charmed me with his kindness and sick dance moves. We got our braces on the same day and I thought we were going to get married. I matched with his brother on Tinder, nine years later. This guy actually ended up being a really, really cool adult, and he's the only childhood crush of mine that is my Facebook friend.
- •TylerI first had a crush on Tyler and his smile when he was dating some other girl, so I did what anyone else would do: tell absolutely all our mutual friends and acquaintances that I have a huge crush on him. One year later, he had broken up with that girlfriend and kissed me on top of a supermarket lighthouse in South Carolina. Also, this dude is my boyfriend, and he is wonderful.