Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •My babysitter was Vanessa Williams
- •I witnessed a drowning and helped rescue the body
- •I piloted a commercial plane when the pilot passed out
I've been obsessed for nearly 2 months with getting faster at swimming a 1/2 mile and doing it nearly every day.
- •Ear plugs - water in your ear can be distracting and they help keep it quiet so you can focus
- •Elbows above the water on each stroke
- •Bi-lateral breathing. This means you are taking a breath out opposite sides of your body and on every other stroke.
Probably so much more but I'll stick with these Gems for now
- •Actions not words. Watch what people do in relation to what they say. <--This one amazes me time and time again.
- •Tell the truth, even when it stings.
- •Tell someone else the truth even if it stings both of you.
He should be more than a comedian, just sayin
- •You’ve got to be optimistic to be single. Stupid. You have to be stupid. That’s what optimistic means, you know? It means stupid. An optimist is somebody who goes, “Hey, maybe something nice will happen.” Why the fuck would anything nice happen?
- •When I was younger, I lied all the time, because once you understand the power of lying, it’s really like magic because you transform reality for people.
- •I don’t stop eating when I’m full. The meal isn’t over when I’m full. It’s over when I hate myself.
Some are specific and some thematic
- •When I quite gymnastics to play more "manly sports", like football, lacrosse and soccer. As good as I was at those 3, I was easily a better gymnast by a lot.
- •I told my mom to "shut-up", once in the car. She rightfully hit me (rings first and open handed). Note to 12yr old self: never try to repeat what your idiot friends get away with and certainly never tell your mom to shut up.
- •I was wrong for taking for granted some money my grandfather's (both sides worked their asses off) by taking too long to finish college and not to have saved it well vs blow it on stupid shit.
I don't wanna toot my own horn but it's that good and the women of the orient would agree
- •Ingredients: Gyoza wraps <-preferably the Japanese or Korea brands, 1 bunch of Chinese chive, 1 Chinese Cabbage, Fresh Ginger root, 3-5 garlic cloves, 1-pound of ground pork, 1 shot of sake, 1/2 a shot of soy sauce, tea spoon of salt, a bit more pepper, and 1/2 shot of sesame oil (a spoon of vinegar is optional).
- •Kitchen stuff: Big mixing bowl, ideally an electric cooker (Asian people know what this is but I added a visual for the rest if the world) or a Teflon pan w/cover and a wood board or baking sheet to put the wrapped gyoza on.
- •Chop a few times and boil 6-8 long stalk leaves of Chinese cabbage. I'm calling it a flash-boil. Meaning boil them for like 45-60 seconds. Rinse in cold water and chop into tiny bits. Put the now pulpy cabbage in your hand and squeeze out as much water as possible. Place in mixing bowl.