ROM-COM HEROINE JOBS
The most likely professions for a rom-com leading lady
- •Baker100 pounds soaking wet despite being surrounded by croissants and chocolate fudge. Gets in the occasional "flour fight" with a co-worker or first date.
- •Flower shop ownerEnjoys bringing beauty into others' lives but tragically unlucky with love in her own. Has a platonic relationship with the gardener from the shop across the way.
- •Wedding and/or event plannerLike the flower shop owner, she too is unlucky in love, but throws herself into the planning and preparation of another woman's "big day" with gusto.
- •Magazine editorWrites "how to" articles but wants to really "make a difference" in society. Dates bankers but, while writing a profile, meets a "Doctor Without Borders" who captures her imagination - and her heart.
- •Morning TV show producerOften harried and in a style-less button down blouse and glasses. "Loosens up" over drinks at a dive bar with her colleague / the show's host - who sees through her tough exterior.
- •TeacherHer "meet cute" with a hot widowed Dad is facilitated by his son, "Tommy," the adorable kindergartener in her class who is missing his two front teeth.
- •Interior decoratorHired mostly by recent divorces to make their bachelor pads more "homey"
- •LawyerOf the high powered, stiletto wearing variety - not the pro bono Aerosoles variety
- •Dog walkerAnd wearer of quirky berets. Despite living well below the poverty line, she occupies a beautiful one-bedroom apartment in the west village.
- •PR ExecutiveParty girl who has a date with a different shallow bro each night, but ultimately falls for the working class guy who helps change her tire on the LIE.