Shows I Just Didn't Finish
I've realized I have a terrible habit of falling in love with a TV show, watching/raving about it, but never really finishing it. Maybe I just can't bear the thought of it ending? Or maybe there's too much TV to pick from and I get distracted? Really, I think it's that I'm lazy and/or just really love Bob's Burgers re-runs.
- •Breaking BadHoly shit, guys! This one, just like Heisenberg's meth, had me hooked from the start. A VERY compelling premise with award winning performances. How could I not like it? I made it through season 2, episode 1 before I just stopped. No real reason other than I'm just enough of a punk that all of the hype surrounding the final episodes (which had just started airing) made me rebel (in true nerd fashion) by not watching.
- •House of CardsAgain with the compelling dramas! But for real, I love me some Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. I felt that if put in her position, I'd turn out EXACTLY like Claire. Moral compasses be damned. Added bonus: I got a healthy dose of that DREAMY Corey Stoll. Yet, for some reason, I pressed pause on season 1, episode 2 and have never resumed.
- •Orange is the New BlackI didn't exactly watch it right away, but once I got into it, I powered through season 1. Then, I just stopped. About a month ago, I started season 2, but never made it past episode 1. I think part of my issue is that I just don't like Piper. Since she's the starting point, there's usually a lot of her in each episode. Which is a shame because I like every character except for her.
- •Six Feet UnderI fell for this one hard. So much so that I bought all of the DVDs one weekend when Amazon had them dirt cheap. Yet every time I finish season 1 (which I've watched 3 times), I can't manage to start season 2. I guess I didn't like it as much as I thought I did?
- •WeedsThis one gets me. I spent YEARS on this one. I never had Showtime, but I faithfully bought or rented the DVDs as they became available. Even as a somewhat devoted fan, I can admit that some of the later episodes weren't as good. But I was still enjoying them. Why I have yet to watch the final 5 episodes in the 3 years since I bought the DVD is beyond me.
- •Mad MenI blame college on this one. Around season 4, I started working a regular Sunday night shift at my job. It conflicted with Mad Men. And since I was a poor college student, DVR just wasn't an option. So it fell by the side. I know it's sitting there on Netflix just waiting on me, but I've never finished it.
- •Downton AbbeyI invested heavily in the first 4 years and loved every second of it. I even had a few episodes of season 5 on the DVR and was ready to dig in again when tragedy struck: the DVR died. I fell off the tracks and just haven't gotten back on.
- •Twin PeaksMy sisters LOVE this show and the impending third season sounds intriguing. So I thought I'd give it a shot. Sure enough, I loved the first 3 episodes. But that's all the farther I've gotten. I think the main issue with it is that it is definitely one you HAVE to invest your time and focus on. I just haven't made that commitment yet.
- •SpartacusHoly titties was this a good one! Nudity aside, it really was a good show. Yet once season 1 ended, I never picked up any of the others.
- •FringeI've saved my worst offender for last. I fell HARD for this show. Like I watched so many episodes in a day my head hurt. True story. And it was before it became available on Netflix streaming, so it was a lot of DVD rentals from work. I got through the first 4 seasons in about 2 months. I made it through disc 1 of season 5, then stopped. I don't know why. I was still into it and I didn't feel burned out. But maybe I was.