A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS (OR, MY TRAIN RIDE HOME THIS MORNING)
Boston ain't safe, y'all.
- •Got on the Green line with Mark, my new boyfriend(as of last night?! Yea! Your boy still got it)
- •Chatted with Mark, holding hands, casual and romantic-like
- •Arrive at Kenmore. See David, a boy I met in an opera last November and dated in December before deciding he was exhausting me in the wrong waysArtist-types should avoid dating other artists.
- •David, thankfully, does not get on our train. Which is a one-car trap of travesty proportions
- •Mark gets off at Copley to go to work. Kiss him goodbye
- •Read ListApp until I transfer to the red line at Park St
- •Get on a train. Sit listening to YelleCoca sans Bulle. Catchy. As. Hell.
- •My ex Matthew texts me about someone we mutually loathe due to attention-seeking properties of truly epic proportions
- •We continue to text. I find out he's going from central to Davis (my same way on the red line).But am not worried I'll see him cause what are the odds
- •Matthew texts me "look up"
- •I respond "no" knowing full well that he's getting on my train, in my carFuck. Ps I haven't showered cause I left Mark's place late
- •Matthew sits across from me but a homeless man starts talking to him and saves me from interaction.
- •I continue to text / laugh at Matthew and pretend our homeless man friend is actually Kathy Bates, with whom Matt is going to have brunch
- •I don't even take my headphones out
- •I gracefully exit at Harvard to get a chai latte
- •I find myself in the middle of a paradeThat's when you know you fucked up. Happy Memorial Day.