CHEAP AND THRILLING POWER PLAYS
I'm basically a cartoon villain
- •Using a person's full first name"It's been too long, MattHEW!" AhahaHA this slightest chastisement feeling is unbeatable
- •Saying "thank you" a LOT...Especially before someone has even agreed to something
- •And Part 2: saying "thank you" instead of "sorry""Sorry I am late!"—> "Thank you for your patience!"
- •Decline to use a valediction in emails. "Thanks, best, love", they're all for suckers and nerds—Jon *mic drop*
- •Raising one eyebrow ever so slightly progressively higher throughout a conversation
- •Have perfect postureMake them crane their neck to look up at you
- •Ignoring someone for a week and then wordlessly reblogging a few of their tumblr posts / liking a couple recent-ish instas🔪
- •Taking out only one headphone to talk to someoneThe other one doesn't even have to have anything playing.
- •Checking your phone momentarily about 2/3 of the way through someone's spielNot actually checking it really. Just a quick show that you're multitasking and that time is money here
- •Looking someone in the eye earnestly during a conversation, rarely if ever breaking awayExcept to do the phone glance
- •Being well-dressed. Some say it's always better to be overdressed, and I sometimes agree, but I usually go for...
- •Being underdressed but having better hair / skin than your opponentI love soft clothes. So I make it work.