Most of my salad involve a toasted nut, dried fruit and cheese.
- •Lentils, sprouted rice, barley all cooked in the same pot with chicken broth. Let cool. Toss with grated parmesan, sautéed chard, bacon or pancetta, and a light vinegarette.
- •Fresh bread, fresh mozzarella, fried chick peas, persian cucumbers, cherry tomato halves, balsamic and olive oil amd garlic dressing.
- •Shaved brussel sprouts, toasted pepitas, rehydrated currants, sauteed red onion in adobo, chopped preserved lemons (no available at nee seasons). Worchester, tamari, honey vinegarette, parmesan.
- •Marinate chicken breasts in yogurt, cumen, orange juice, olive oil and salt/pep grill til crispy and thinly slice. Toss with quinoa (cooked with chicken broth), toasted almond slivers, rehydrated currants, chopped english or persian cucumber, italian parsely, grated parm. Drizzle w olive oil and maldon salt.
- •Thinly slice fennel and pears---drizzle w olive oil, salt and pep and rice or red wine vinegar. Let marinate for 20-30 minutes. Toss with red leaf lettuce, a toasted nut, light feta. Add extra olive oil amd a squeeze of lemon + salt and pep.
- •Leftover pasta, half jar of pesto, fresh mozzarella, fresh arugula, fresh shaved parmesan, toss w olive oil, salt and pep.
- •Chick peas, edamame, chopped persian cucumber, orange slices