Things I've done during my "Week of Self Care"
I have a week off in LA between ending one immensely stressful job and beginning another immensely stressful job. This is how I've wasted away the week.
- •Solo beach tripAfter triumphantly waltzing out of my former office building (with my last free sandwich in hand) I drove directly to the beach. I ate street fruit and read weeks old People Magazine. I got a bad back sunburn. After all I was alone and couldn't reach to sunscreen it...
- •Outlet shoppingStarted off with enthusiasm. Quickly became overwhelmed. But at least got some sensible shoes at a sensible price.
- •Book club brunchWe discussed Sweet Bitter. It's a fantastic peek behind the scenes of a hot New York restaurant.
- •Work outI love Pop Physique because it's challenging but over in an hour.
- •Charcoal lemonadeEhhh... Not sure what it did to my colon but it was tasty.
- •Ghost BustersKate McKinnon is a national treasure.
- •Dine LA WeekHighly recommend Church Key. Next up: little next door on 3rd street
- •Two birthday parties
- •West Side Story at the Hollywood BowlJeremy Jordan is amazing.
- •Annual OB/GYN check upNever skip it. This shit is important!
- •Below Deck Med@andycohen did it again. The perfect mix of beautiful people, accents, location, and drama. I could never cut it on that boat... I'd push Daniel overboard.
- •Quietly reflect on my life and my choices.