Look, My Dad and Step Mom Have the Weirdest Taste in Literally Everything
Mostly everything my dad and stepmom Renee like are weird/terrible and most are influenced by their best friends Ron and Helene.
- •Wedding DJ'sMy dad and renee's wedding DJ's name was Mickey Dee. He didn't have any Beach Boys songs. He was also the weirdest person ever. I made them a slideshow of the evening and their single question was, where's that pic of us with Mickey Dee?". I deleted it.
- •Chinese foodRon and Helene love this place called Taste King. This was dad and Renee's top choice for "Christmas Eve brunch". It's in the heart of northeast Philly (For those not familiar, it's a part of Philadelphia with a lot of people pushing shopping carts). We all got diarrhea.
- •DogsThey adopted a 6 month old dachshund named Toby from a breeder with mostly terrible reviews on yelp. Ron and Helene obviously have a dachshund. Both dogs have needed very expensive back surgery. Toby won't let anyone touch him, and can't be left alone for more than 4 hours. Renee has had to miss v important holidays including Xmas eve brunch at Taste King, but honestly she was better off.
- •MoviesMy dad can appreciate SOME good movies. I've only ever heard of Renee liking the Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and National Treasure.
- •RecipesRenee loves to cook, but her choice of recipes is mostly weird. Instead of spaghetti and meatballs, it'll be "southern spaghetti and meatball casserole with some other weird shit". One time she served a frittata for breakfast and I thought, "phew" until I bit in and it was mostly just chunks of sweet potato with SOME egg.
- •MusicMy dad once asked me if I have "ever heard of that new reggae band, Train". Also, see Mickey Dee. They also love Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and Jimmy Buffet.
- •ClothingAll of my dads clothes are from Kohl's, and all of his pants are cargo. All are picked out by Renee, and some are wrapped up and given to him "from Toby".
- •CarsRenee drives a Ford Flex which is the biggest SUV, ever. They have no small children and one very small dog (my dad often rides in the back with Toby 😕). When they went to visit @hellomattspicer in LA they rented a Chrysler Sebring convertible.
- •A contribution from @hellomattspicer"when they drove past the Palazzo (a cheesy apartment complex with faux Tuscan exterior) Renee exclaimed 'I feel like I'm in Italy!'"
- •Disclaimer:I really love these people, they are really great. This list was made with lots of love.