BEST ADVICE I’VE EVER RECEIVED
- •"Better done than perfect."
- •"Sleep on it.""I rarely make such a big decision so long after sunset and so far before dawn." --Frank Underwood, HOC Season 1
- •"Play the long game."--the endlessly patient and wonderful Dan Jones, when I called him in a panic about not knowing what to do next
- •"As a writer, I completely understand that exact brand of embarrassment."@bjnovak said this to me on the day I got published. I met him somewhat coincidentally that day and we talked about what it felt like to have your work suddenly out there. He asked me how I felt and I said "kind of embarrassed, actually" because it's weird to tell the world the story of your shitty love life. Then BJ said the above and I felt fine. It's not exactly advice, but I didn't feel alone. And maybe all work should be so vulnerable it makes its creators uncomfortable.
- •"Don't give your Netflix password to a boy who isn't your boyfriend. And stop letting him use your HBOGo account."