THINGS I WOULD THINK OF IF I HAD TO CAST A PATRONUS
If you've read Harry Potter AND I CAN ONLY ASSUME YOU ALL HAVE, in order to perform a particular powerful spell, you must think of one of your happiest, most visceral memories. Here are some of mine.
- •Clayton Kershaw's First No HitterI was lucky enough to be in the stands this night and I have tried several times to describe that energy, but simply can't. The joy of tens of thousands of people was so quiet, so contained, then completely overflowing. Surreal. I was undone in complete happiness.
- •Meeting David MametI've met a lot of celebrities, kinda, but when I met David Mamet I was shaking. He was kind but quiet, I said something stupid, he told me to keep writing, and we shook hands. I shook the hand that wrote 'Glengarry Glen Ross.' Euphoria. I'll never be the same.
- •My Baby SisterMy baby sister is 14 and I have many thoughts and memories and wonders about her that fill me with joy. When she was born, seeing her perform, watching her grow up. Endless.
- •Super Bowl XLVGo Pack Go.
- •Seeing the phrase "weed pen vapor thing" printed in the New York Times.Only way I knew it was real.