Already on li.st? Open in app.
Because you're single and you're about to loose your single mind.
- 1.Stop getting mad at couples.Couples aren't better than you. They aren't more successful at getting dates than you. They aren't necessarily better looking than you. They have a good connection with someone and that's good. It has no influence on you. You are doing just fine.
- 2.Don't drool at every available person out there.And better yet, don't assume everyone is available or ready to date. Some people are good not being in a relationship unlike your worried self. Give people space (especially if you are social media stalking someone...quit that).
- 3.Date yourself.Don't take that literally. If you did, maybe this is why you found this list. Seriously though, being single is more about finding out things about yourself and working on who your next girlfriend/boyfriend is about to meet. We all need time for growth and sometimes that's best outside of a relationship. Focus on you. Work on your flaws. Recognize your strengths. Get to know you before you try to get to know someone else.
So many things I could be doing, how will I keep sane?
- •Try not to see my worth in whatever I do...instead, I can wake up and know I am wonderfully made and loved by a Creator who doesn't see my worth in these things. I might do some important stuff (build relationships, volunteer with those who are homeless, exercise, etc.), but I can't even lose myself in those things either.
- •Prioritize my week...what should I allow myself to get worried about and what is not worth that time and effort?
- •Have an honest conversation with someone...it doesn't even have to be about deep issues I have with a friend. Just be real with someone. "How are you?" If you say good, tell them why. If not, don't feel like a burden. "Actually pretty bored lately." Don't have an "episode" at work, but I'm going to try to be more honest.
- •Hopefully go see that new captain America movie!...it looks DOPE!
The essential list to enjoy that glorious day of the week.
- 1.Realize today is Friday.Whaaaaa????
- 2.Check your calendar to make sure it's not Thursday like you thought it was last week.This will totally bum you out if it's Thursday...let alone if it's frickin' Wednesday.
- 3.Forget the fact you have other obligations like work and stuff...Just suck it up and try not to look at the clock. Or other people.
- 4.Feel the freedom that is FRIDAY!Warning: Don't even think about playing Rebecca Black in your car...okay, just once. "ITS FRAIYDAY, FRAIYDAY!"