ALL TIME FAVORITE BURNS: PART 1
There's no mic drop emoji, but here are seven people who are owed one.
- •"It's like giving a glass of water to somebody in hell."Steve Jobs regarding iTunes being used on Windows software. (Source: "Steve Jobs" by Walter Isaacson)
- •"The Andrew Lloyd Webber Memorial Pool"The name Patti Lupone gave to her indoor pool after suing ALW. (Source: The New York Times)
- •"Medium talent!"Bill Murray to Chevy Chase backstage at SNL during an argument. (Source: general American folklore?)
- •"Letter From Birmingham Jail"The most out of place addition here, but my favorite. Martin Luther King Jr.'s response to an article from church leaders who said it was not the right time for civil rights protests. THIRTEEN pages of constructive, masterly written burns. Note: the article in question had only seven PARAGRAPHS.
- •"You fucked up. You trusted us."David Fincher quoting "Animal House" in regards to receiving studio notes for "Fight Club." (Source: Playboy.com)
- •"Having no talent is not enough."Gore Vidal's review of a Cockettes performance. (Source: Wikipedia)
- •"It was a theoretical government."A southerner looking back on the Confederacy. (Source: Ken Burns' "The Civil War.")