LET'S CHAT ABOUT THE MOVIE DREAMGIRLS FOR A SEC
Love it or hate it, I have some things I want to get off my chest.
- •I always forget Danny Glover is in itAnd then I always get so happy
- •Everyone is so good in itEspecially Eddie Murphy
- •Eddie Murphy's rap might be my favorite part
- •Followed by the random cameos of John Krasinski and John LithgowJohn Lithgow's hair deserves a credit all its own.
- •Did Effie never tell her daughter that her uncle was a successful songwriter?And wasn't the bro / sis reconciliation so sudden? He dated his sister's replacement! That's shitty!
- •True Confession: I prefer The Dreams' version of "One Night Only"Although it was still really shitty for Curtis to do what he did to Effie.
- •The name "Magic" is horribleSo is Curtis's last minute realization that he's the father.
- •Best Song: "Steppin' to the Bad Side"I know this is a controversial choice, but all the main characters get to sing and it's so damn fun. "And I am Telling You I'm not Going," is an amazing song (and J Hud kills it), but it's not my favorite.
- •Times the movie makes me cry: 3Spoilers (but come on): When Effie is kicked out, when Jimmy dies, the end
- •The end credits is amazingGive me multiple spilt screen with multiple looks to really sum up the movie and I'm happy as a clam!