MY MORNING MEDITATION
A few steps to reach my morning "zen"
- •Open a window nearbyGet some fresh air and hopefully some melodic bird chirps
- •Breathing ExerciseIt quiets my mind and helps my lungs! 20 slow breaths, 40 "normal" breaths, 40 fast ones
- •3 "ohms"I say them aloud to prepare the mind / body
- •Morning MantrasAnything you want to say (in your mind) to set the intention for the day. Mine are usually about positivity and staying present.
- •Body scanI start at the top of my head and focus on every body part down to my toes. It helps you take stock of how your body is feeling and promotes mindfulness.
- •Quiet TimeThis can be thirty seconds or thirty minutes. I focus on my breath and try to clear my mind of free-thinking.
- •AffirmationsI repeat it 3 times in my head.
- •GratitudeI end my meditation with focusing on the good things in my life and taking a moment to be grateful for them