Already on li.st? Open in app.
Overdue AMTRAK track maintenance means I have to commute differently from NJ to NYC until September. One option is a dark and crowded PATH train under the Hudson River. I take the other... a FERRY!
- •Eight minutes of strong water and enormous sky...
- •... of beautiful city views...
- •... and all the elbow room one needs.
Talk about the ultimate dysfunctional family!
- •JoelMe... not.
- •AnneWife... pretty cool.
- •MylieDaughter... sorry, kid. Not even sure how this relates.
...and five things you don't.
- •1. Why this position is personally exciting to me.
- •2. Why my skills and experiences will help you and your department succeed
- •Instead, job applicants talk about...
These aren't ALL the songs in my workout playlist, just the ones least like each other.
- 1.Groove is in the Heart... by DeeeLite
- 2.Burn Hollywood Burn... by Public Enemy
- 3.Gonna Fly Now (Theme from Rocky)... by Bill Conti
- •My son -- a high school senior and host of his own talk show -- attended his school's "TV Awards Night" tonight with his friends and won some big awards.
- •But even more gratifying than watching him win was seeing how much his friends love him, his uniqueness, his creativity, and his sense of humor.
- •He's way more mature and thoughtful than I was at his age, but tonight I recognized so much of myself in him.
We're often encouraged to "try new things" and think we can "do anything," but frankly (and maybe it's a sign of my age) there are plenty of things I can't do and don't want to try. So I'm going to forget everything I learned from elementary school classroom posters and, for a moment, celebrate my limitations -- self-imposed or otherwise.
- •Eat flan
- •Go camping
- •Take dancing lessons
- •EggsWho knew that eating something high in cholesterol doesn't mean you get high cholesterol from eating it?
- •A gym membership
Yes, 19 -- all well cared for, one FIV, three feral. But do I have pictures of them all? Let's see...