Favorite Horror Movies and How Old I Was When I Saw Them
Is it October yet?
- •Burnt Offerings (1976)I was eight. You didn't see it, but if you did, this guy would own your nightmares.
- •The Shining (1980)I was 12. And trust me when I say this clip ends just in time.
- •A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)I was 16. This first one was one of the best horror movies ever, but the sequels buried that impression and made Freddy a joke.
- •Hellraiser (1987)I was 19, and these were horror's first superheroes. Evil was never so cool, but they could take it easy on the spray mist.
- •The 6th Sense (1999)I was 31. And it got me. With such a gimmicky ending, its easy to forget some of those dead people are pretty spooky.
- •The Ring (2002)I was 34. This was truly $@!& scary and the first of the "creepy crawling ghost girl" movies. I know I need to see the Japanese original.
- •Let Me In (2010)I was 42. Beautiful and patient storytelling made this not just a great horror film, but a great film, period. I know I need to see the Swedish original.
- •It Follows (2014)I was 46. Between the visuals and the music, this film nailed creepiness like none I had seen in a long time.