Foods I Never Get Tired of Eating
Can you tell I'm a little hungry?
- 1.Potato SkinsWith bacon, cheese and sour cream, maybe my favorite food of all. I'll have it on a boat with a goat.
- 2.PancakesPlain, slightly crispy on the outside, with ample syrup. Butter unnecessary.
- 3.Tuna Fish on ToastOnly the way I make it -- white albacore, chopped fine, just enough mayo, cold on wheat toast with sliced opnion
- 4.Ice Cream SodaChocolate soda, vanilla ice cream.
- 5.Mexican LasagnaMy wife's specialty, with jalapeños, sour cream, and Cholula hot sauce.
- 6.Baked PotatoSomewhere inside, I'm clearly a little Irish.
- 7.Bagel & LoxOnion or everything or garlic bagel. Bagel must be real (as in real NY) and lox must be fresh. Sliced onion mandatory, tomato less so.
- 8.ChiliSpicy, with beef, beans, onion, jalapeños, and a dollop of sour cream
- 9.BlintzesPreferably at a Jewish deli, exactly like the photo.
- 10.A Perfect HamburgerMedium rare, not too flat, tender, hot, with onion and ketchup on a soft bun. Cheese unnecessary.
- 11.Reuben Sandwich... or Rachel, but it must be closed, not open-faced.
- 12.Grilled Cheese & TomatoPreferably at a diner.
- 13.Eggplant RollatiniI only wish they called it involtini, which is what it is. Not rollatini, which is not a real word and makes me feel stupid when I say it.
- 14.Potato KnishThe softball kind, not the square kind. Wth deli mustard. Go to Yonah Schimmel in NYC for the ultimate Knish.