Thoughts While Waiting for my 9:51 at Penn Station
I stayed late in the city for a fundraiser, ate too many hors d'oeuvres, and am now left with these thoughts, plus whatever plays through my headphones.
- •The more I look at this board, the slower time crawls.
- •Don't get a jelly donut. You ate all those hors d'oeuvres. Enough.
- •But for their lyrics, Air Supply was actually a decent band.
- •Who's screaming now?
- •It'd probably be stale anyway. Don't trust Penn Station food after 8 pm.
- •Crazy person, three o'clock. Take evasive action.
- •The main theme from "To Kill a Mockingbird" is like the entire beautiful movie in three minutes of perfect sound.
- •Stale or not, I earned it by walking 10 blocks!
- •At some point, I must have missed the world's largest sale on yoga pants.
- •Where would I least rather be right now, Trenton or Albany? I'm thinking Trenton.
- •"Single black female addicted to retail..."
- •Crap. You win, Jelly Donut!