What to Tell Your Kids When There's a Mass Shooting
Too often, we think our role is to explain tragedies to young kids, but first they need to hear something else. This comes from my experience running a news website for kids, especially during 9/11
- •You are safe.
- •Your local police are dedicated to keeping you safe.
- •Your state is dedicated to keeping you safe.
- •Your government is dedicated to keeping you safe.
- •For many reasons, some people want to hurt other people.
- •Most everyone in your community and your country thinks this is wrong and are trying hard to find new ways to keep it from happening again.
- •We are getting better and better at that.
- •Now let's turn off that television and go outside.