20 THINGS I WISH SOMEONE TOLD ME AT 20
When I was 19, I read this list by Doctor Karin Luise. At that time, I had moved out of my parents house. Times were rough and nothing felt right. My current boss sent me an email with the link of this list. I opened the email, read the post, and after that it all made more sense. I started seeing things in a different perspective. Thank You Doc!
- •Here's the original list by Dr. Karin http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3691232
- •Things that I learned from this amazing list:
- •Friends come and go, choose your friends wisely. Remember that not everyone you know is considered a friend. Don't give that tittle away like its nothing.
- •When I was 19, I thought I knew everything. I'm now 22 and I might think I know a lot, but I know for a fact that there's a lot out there that I still need to learn. There's always room for improvement.
- •Your body is a sanctuary gift from the man above. Embrace it and take care of it, as you get older you will understand. Respect yourself and respect others.
- •People will come and go. Be sincere, helpful, and be yourself. People will leave after they got what they wanted from you. Just accept it and move on.
- •Don't apologize for no reason, only when a sincere apology is needed.
- •Education!!! Learn as much as you can.
- •Be yourself and trust that gut feeling. Follow your heart!
- •Travel! Experience other cultures, instead of buying expensive clothes save money and take a trip to another country.
- •Be the best version you can be. Each day is a new opportunity to make yourself a better person. Don't waste a day!
- •There's nothing wrong about asking for help, be open minded and absorb what's good for you.
- •Time is valuable, don't waste your time and don't waste other people's time.
- •Trust the inside voice that gives you advice and sometimes tells you otherwise.
- •"Be the person that your younger version will look up too." - Joel Nuñez
- •Thank you to everyone that has made me a better person. Thank you to Dr. Smith who was my boss at the time when I read this list by Dr. Luise.