MY FAVORITE BREAKOUT TV CHARACTERS
From the official Wikipedia page: "A breakout character is a character in serial fiction who becomes a more prominent, popular, discussed, and/or imitated individual." Let's hear it for the guys who weren't really the main characters, but still became irreplaceable parts of the shows they were on.
- •Ben Linus, LostEvil Ben came out of nowhere and then became one of the weirdest anti-heroes on the show.
- •Brienne, Game of ThronesHonorable badass
- •Stewie, Family Guy"Mom. Mom. Mommy. Mama. Mom. Lois."
- •Roger, American Dad"Cocaine is not a joking matter."
- •Andy, Parks and RecreationOhhhhhh pre-mega-fame Chris Pratt
- •Tina, Bob's BurgersThat time she dated a ghost in a shoebox really sealed the deal for me.
- •Kate McKinnon, Saturday Night Live"I'm Martha F*cking Stewart, I can do whatever I want."
- •Aidy Bryant, Saturday Night LiveShe's as Morgan as she can be right now.
- •Carol, The Walking DeadFrom victim of domestic violence to slightly sociopathic badass vigilante, Carol has been through some shit.
- •Erin, The OfficeNot necessarily my favorite character on the show bc I haaaaated her and Andy, but I love how she evolved from a replacement receptionist into this:
- •Toph, Avatar: The Last AirbenderAbsolute, undeniable, blind badass. And she's like 12.
- •Macey Hensley, The Ellen Degeneres ShowI know this probably doesn't count because she is a real person, but #bless this child.