Top 15 Favorite TV Characters
Inspired by last year's title wave (TOP TEN TV CHARACTERS I'VE HATED THE MOST). I couldn't keep it down to 10. Honorable mentions: Pam Beesly, Leslie Knope, Lydia Martin, Stiles Stilinski, Tyrion Lannister, Matt Saracen, and pretty much the entire casts of LOST and Sherlock.
- 15.Claire Temple, Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Luke CageClaire don't take shit from no one, and she's always there to stitch her stupid superhero friends up and tell them how stupid they are. Goals.
- 14.Maeve Millay, WestworldMy favorite scene from Westworld is when Maeve walks through the facility that makes the hosts and finally realizes that her world and her free will are a lie. And then she decides to break the fuck out. She has the makings of either a fantastic hero or an insane villain in the future, and I'm fine with either option.
- 13.Davos Seaworth, Game of ThronesIn a world full of violence and terrible people, Davos never loses faith in the natural goodness of humanity. But he's also not naive, and he will cut you down if you're clearly a bad person. Melisandre.
- 12.Eugene Roe, Band of BrothersThe overworked medic for Easy company who becomes the focus of the show during one of the shitttttiest battles in World War 2. I wanna tell him to lighten up and that he's doing a great job but I also wanna tell him to MOVE HIS ASS BECAUSE THAT GUY OVER THERE JUST LOST A LEG AND NEEDS MORPHINE AND THESE TWO GUYS ARE INFECTED WITH TRECHFOOT AND FOR THE LAST TIME DOES ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY HAVE SOME GAHD DAMN SCISSORS?
- 11.Amy Brookheimer, VeepPossibly the smartest person on the show, definitely the most stressed out. Her speech when she finally quits is incredible.
- 10.Steve Smith, American DadSteve's out-of-control blend of boyish wonder, nerdiness, overconfidence, and raging hormones make for some of the best moments on this beautiful show.
- 9.Carol Peletier, The Walking DeadCarolllllllllllllll. From timid abuse victim to slightly sociopathic killing machine. She's the most badass character on the show, and the only one who seems to have the slightest concept of strategy and forward thinking.
- 8.Alice Morgan, LutherA bored genius who just likes to kill people, a little bit, sometimes. I mean, who doesn't? But she's also friends with Luther, so that's cool. I STILL haven't caught up on this show, but my favorite part about it is that they made Alice a main character after the first episode instead of just a case-of-the-week.
- 7.Ben Wyatt, Parks and RecreationWarrior. Lover. Calzone enthusiast. Knope/Wyatt 2020.
- 6.Tina Belcher, Bob's BurgersAn awkward, love-stricken pile of hormones just trying to navigate 8th grade one butt at a time.
- 5.Roger Smith, American DadWhat is not to love about a thousand year old slightly psychopathic pansexual alien that lives in the attic and has several hundred different personalities?
- 4.Ilana Wexler, Broad CityMadonna. Rihanna. Ilana.
- 3.Juliet Burke, LOSTI've made my opinions very clear, several times.
- 2.Jim Moriarty, SherlockHe just wants to cause trouble. In a murderous, international-consequences kinda way.
- 1.Selina Meyer, VeepHBO in the spring belongs to Game of Thrones, there is no doubt about that. But Veep is one of the best things on TV right now, and everyone should watch it if only to bask in the rays of Julia Louis-Dreyfus's incredible, foul-mouthed, 5-time-consecutive-Emmy-award-winning performance as the Vice President of the United States. THE best.