What Would I Do, in Order of Priority, if I Became Pm of Australia
Welcome to my bleeding heart, lefty, liberal utopia
- •Close all of our off shore detention centers and establish refugee application centers as close as possible to the areas of displacement.
- •Introduce a carbon tax. Economists agree it's the most effective policy.
- •Strengthen the maternity and paternity leave requirements.
- •Increase taxes on the extremely wealthy, both company and personal.
- •Focus government spending on public transport, research and education, Internet access, healthcare and a welfare safety net.
- •Legalize gay marriage.
- •Make coding, economic history and feminism compulsory subjects for high school students.
- •Implement copyright reforms (see PhD thesis) aimed at encouraging innovation and investment in new technologies.
- •Bring in quotas for women and indigenous representatives in positions of leadership (a policy that obviously requires certain practical qualifications and limitations).
- •Pursue engagement programs with the Muslim community.
- •Place quite severe capacity limitations on establishments selling alcohol (unless alcohol is a secondary service i.e. music venues)