5 Great Harry Nilsson Songs
A baby step exercise in re-entering the list app community after a lil hiatus.
- 1.I Said Goodbye to Mehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu14dN0JvRY Such a beautiful song. Even with the weird, humorous voice speaking the lyrics in a strange accent on the last verse. Perfect!
- 2.1941https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89hX5QvmZSU Recounting his personal mythology. Dad ishes. Idol issues. Women ishes. We love it. Also the way the song so written lyrically works like bookends or an unending circle which I always love!
- 3.Many Rivers to Crosshttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzWqfZo8fY (All of "Pussy Cats" is great) Nilsson collabing (And getting extremely fucked up) with a Beatle? Yes please. Apparently John Lennon was in a primal therapy phase - which accounts for the birth trauma screaming for both parties. But such a beautiful cover song.
- 4.The Moonbeam Songhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=btyelrNYCtU Have you ever watched a moonbeam as it slid across your windowpane? Or struggled with a bit of rain? Or danced about the weather vane? Or sat along a moving train and wonder where the train has been?
- 5.Bathhttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l7x5k2_dHgE 👈🏽 love this video too. I love the chords in this song. And I think this would be the funniest way to end a record - but it's not even the last song which makes it funnier. Nilsson humor all up in it 👍🏼