Me Time in NYC
5 city activities that I do day to day on the solo that may seem sad to others... But that I have really come to cherish.
- •Sitting in front of my gas heater.I've seen over a decade of NY winters. This one was particularly snowy and the world was up in arms. This is the spot. Once you thaw enough everywhere else seems cold. I like to write songs here and eat food and also just sit.
- •Stretching my spine on Subway PillarsThe Samuels' have back ishes. I don't know when I discovered it but nothing feels better than stretching out against a corner of a pillar off the Carroll Stop or even W. 4th. I'm aware that they're fully filthy and that I probably look insane but it fulfills me.
- •Touching clothes I can't afford or shouldn't buy and leavingIt really fulfills (most) of my capitalist impulses and I still get to wear the same clothes I wore in the 8th grade. Most of them actually fit me way better now anyway.
- •Being in a huge rush to get somewhere with very low blood sugar and getting sugar tourist nuts from the nut man or nut lady.Ya know!
- •Touching guitars I cannot afford and getting the stink eye and then leavingThis actually can be painful.