Best Advice I’ve Ever Received
While in film school and working within the film and television industry
- •It's only a movie.
- •Don't have a budget to produce a movie or a short, make your story into an audio (radio show)
- •Get life experience before you go to a masters program in film (arts) - it will be source material for your creativity.
- •Produce a short film every year.
- •Best way to learn to direct is to work in the editing room. You will see all the footage from the production and how a film is put together in the edit room.
- •Help everyone and be a resource for all needs and problems.
- •Write a script or Write your way into a film career.
- •Learn to brand and market your skill sets.
- •Teamsters know everything that is going on in the movie production - they are the wise men that seen it all.
- •Ask questions if you don't know the answer.
- •If you want to work in Hollywood and learn the way they do business- move to Hollywood. Get a job paid or non-paid doing anything.
- •Go to film school to connect and plug in with other like minds.
- •Create a vision for your career path and keep making bigger dreams that are larger than life.
- •Have faith and never give up.