Why I Loved "American Hustle" (2013)
I talk about this movie often for many reasons. @HaveSomeKoco this is why I dug it
- •I saw the movie on a trip back home in Philly. So I'm already in good spirits
- •I saw this movie with my father
- •The characters reminded me of every 1970's New York character actor. I live for that style and time period of acting. Big and subtle at the same time.Talking the Pelham 1 2 3, Dog day afternoon, Network etc etc. All big characters!
- •The bigness of it.The colors. The music. The clothes.
- •I don't think he ripped Martin Scorsese offSydney (Amy Adams) talks about becoming another person to survive. To take on the style. I always thought the movie looked like a Scorsese film as a way of saying "I'm becoming this other thing to survive. Like Duke Ellington. Like these characters." Might be a stretch, but I dig it.