How to Show Deep Yet Unexpected Humility & Gratitude if You're a Character in a Scripted Drama
- •Have an intense conversation with another character on your show.
- •Learn that this character did something for you.Maybe they took a risk they didn't have to. Maybe they covered for you. Maybe they just told you how it is, dammit, even if it's not what you want to hear.
- •Let the conversation end; watch your friend leave the room.
- •Call out their name, BEFORE THEY GET TO THE DOOR!
- •They will turn and look at you. HOLD FOR A BEAT, and then say, with a slight tilt of the head, "...Thanks."
- •Exchange meaningful looks.Both of you should be pursing your lips while nodding. For especially deep connecting, slow-blink once as you nod.