➕➕ Things That Are Difficult About Taking Naps During the Day. Open List ➕➕
Mo' naps mo' problems. @emjuko I'm looking at you
- •It's bright.You have to put something over your eyes, like a pillow or eye mask, which is already an extra step.
- •Pretty noisy outside.Not a deal breaker but definitely something to consider. It's almost as if the people walking by don't even care that you're trying to nap.
- •Text messages can wake you up.Technically true at night but less of a risk.
- •You might oversleep and be late to your next appointment.This may or may not be the reason I was an hour late to the ListApp party yesterday.
- •Crazier, more fucked-up dreams.Like snorkeling on Jupiter with Ruth Bader Ginsberg except it's the 1950's and she only speaks Portuguese and your high-school Spanish teacher is there too, saying the two languages aren't as similar as people like to pretend, which doesn't matter anymore because RBG is riding a llama through the stands at Seaworld and you're watching the Los Angeles story on snapchat while your Spanish teacher, who has morphed into Paula Dean, is your uber driver and keeps suggesting AND YOU'RE UP.
- •You already had lots of coffee so you are too alert to fall asleepSuggested by @natasha
- •Waking up so disoriented that you're ruined for the rest of the day.Not to mention drenched in sweat.Suggested by @sally
- •Waking up and feeling like it's the next daySimilar to what @sally said but panicking that you slept through the entire day before and didn't get anything doneSuggested by @jamie
- •Can't sleep well at night time because sleep quota has been met during nap.Suggested by @dev
- •The question of whether you should set an alarm or just let your body tell you when you've slept enough but then you can't sleep because a) what if you sleep too long or b) what if you can't fall asleep before the alarm goes off 😞Suggested by @laure
- •guilt. anxiety. guilt. guilt. anxiety. low self esteem. guilt. depression. All that being said, there is nothing I love more then an afternoon nap.Suggested by @joshthecook