A WEEKEND OF PUMPKIN PATCHES AND EXPLORING SAN FRANCISCO
I'm gonna do something a little different and take you through my fun little weekend.
- •First stop this weekend: Cool Patch Pumpkins.Cool Patch Pumpkins is home to the world's largest corn maze. We took the "easy" route and finished it in just under an hour.
- •We took a couple of pumpkins home to decorate them.As you can tell, this year's theme is Ninja Turtles. All credit goes to @laurenfinley for the artwork.
- •On Sunday we visited San Francisco.First stop, the Ferry Building for a morning snack.
- •Then we took a ferry over to Alcatraz.The once federal penitentiary is now a national historic landmark.
- •The cell house was the best part of the island.The audio tour is super enthralling. Great storytelling.
- •It was worth going just for the views of the city.It was a beautiful day in SF. Karl the Fog took the day off, so we could see the Golden Gate Bridge and surrounding bay without a problem.
- •As we left the city, the setting sun shot through the skyscrapers.After Alcatraz, we ate some fish and chips and left the city just as the sun was setting. All in all it was a great weekend.