"Movie" universe/setting I would like to be transported to and why I would thrive...
Inspired by @jessknuckey
- •The Nora Ephron-verseI like to think all the movies and plays written or directed by the late great Nora Ephron all take place in the same universe. A universe I want to live in.
- •You've Got MailHow can you not love this movie? Forever frozen in a seemingly idyllic 1998. NYC. Book stores. Christmas time. AOL. Pride & Prejudice. The Godfather. "I wanted it to be you so badly."
- •Sleepless in SeattleMore infatuation with NYC. More Tom & Meg. Not as much of a love story, but a story that sets up love in fantastical way.
- •When Harry Met Sally...Love is patient.
- •Lucky GuyA jubilant play about the the 1980s heyday of NYC newspaper columnists and the hard scrabble life and great impact they had on the world telling the stories that need to be told.
- •Julie & JuliaThe food 😛 and Meryl Streep and Amy Adams.
- •My Blue HeavenSteve Martin as a mobster gone straight (but not too straight). Ric Moranis as a put-upon but truly decent FBI agent. The always under appreciated Joan Cusack as a tough but tender single mom.
- •And so many moreSilkwood (important), Heartburn (Jack Nicholson and more Streep), Love Loss and What I Wore (sisters).