Pets that I have had, a woefully incomplete list.
I grew up in the country living on what almost amounted to a farm. I have many pet stories. Here are just a few.
- 1.Mandy MayShe was our first family dog, a yellow lab mix. Saved me from a rattlesnake attack when I was 5 and survived being bitten several times.
- 2.Charlie & SissyThey were a pair of tabby cats we had when I was very young. They had lots of kittens which begat more kittens and so on for many generations.
- 3.BiscuitHe was my pony. Bucked me off once and I did a back flip in the air, but was unscathed. He wandered onto a neighbor's land and was shot & killed.
- 4.He-Man & She-RaA pair of goats that I named and raised, both died young from an intestinal virus.
- 5.Mitzi YodaA Boston terrier that I befriended while visiting a ranch, she jumped in the car with us as we were leaving and her owners let us have her. She was my sidekick for years until being ran over in front me while waiting for the school bus one morning when I was 15.