Things people might assume I like, which I absolutely do not like whatsoever.
Assumptions based on my age, race, gender, and previously established things I am interested in.
- •Video gamesI don't hate video games. I liked paying them in the arcade when I was a kid, but have never been into home systems or PC gaming.
- •Fantasy sportsI love sports. Probably more than I should. And I am even quite the stats geek too, but fantasy sports doesn't interest me at all.
- •The Big Bang TheoryI hate this show with a passion. Give me "Community" or "Silicon Valley" or "Freaks & Geeks" or "The IT Crowd" for covering similar ground in a way that is not grating and offensive to good taste.
- •Doctor WhoDon't hate it, but just isn't my thing. And I get disappointed in geeky friends of mine who act like anything less than compete adoration and obsession with the show is heresy. I don't treat people that way who aren't into the things I love.
- •AtheismI was raised Catholic, spent most adult life as a professed Agnostic, but ended up married to a Methodist preacher that made me happy to consider myself a Christian again. I am still a Christian, even with my marriage falling apart. And I don't see that ever changing because it's always been a part of me.
- •Renaissance fairesHave a number of friends who work in or are just very active in Ren faires and love it. I have a healthy interest in Medieval history and the Renaissance period of Art & culture; but again nothing about these "Ren faires" piques my interest. Same goes for any sort of historical reenactment situation.
- •LARPingNo. Just no. "Role Models" is enough for me.
- •Anime/MangasI love comics, especially culturally diverse ones, but this is a subculture I don't get at all.
- •GleeI had never even heard of "show choir" before this series, but I found it to be everything I don't like about musical theatre ramped up times ten.
- •Pretty much any performing arts competition reality show.American Idol, America's Got Talent, any of the dancing shows, etc.