TWO Books, TWO Movies, and TWO Albums That I Think Everyone Should Read, Watch, and Hear
Inspired by @alanarogerrrrs
- •The Partly Cloudy PatriotBecause Sarah Vowell is the type of smart, funny, nerdy, but not mean-spirited person we should aspire to be more like.
- •The Color of WaterJames McBride's dual narrative biography of his biracial upbringing is honest, raw, and inspiring.
- •12 Angry MenA timeless mediation on how personal bias affects our justice system,and affects us for better and for worse.
- •The Long, Hot SummerA pulpy romantic drama that never disappoints me. Can't beat cast includes delicious scenery-chewing by Orson Welles & Angela Lansbury; and everyone should experience at least one on-screen pairing of the Paul Newman & Joanne Woodward.
- •Rubber Soul - The BeatlesThe first masterpiece album by Rock 'n Roll and Pop musics most influential and beloved band. I bought this record on cassette of my own accord at 7 years old because I knew who they were and liked the album cover. I still love every moment and song.
- •Cooleyhighharmony - Boyz II MenMy undying love of 90s R&B started with this debut by Philly's greatest vocal group. The grooves, the beats, and those harmonies are both timeless and frozen in time for me.