I am mentally ill, here are some things I am NOT
Assumptions are only made by the ignorant. Prepare for a bit of sass, I'm fed up with the stigmas. They gotta go.
- •LazyIn fact I work my ASS off to keep my life going on a daily basis, to get things accomplished that most people don't even give a second thought to.
- •DangerousThis is one of my favorites. I kind of laugh, cause I'm about as dangerous as a kitten.
- •Going to feel better if I get highLiterally people I've never smoked weed and I live in Boulder, Colorado for crying out loud. I study neuroscience as my major, and taking a pull from your joint will NOT calm me down. In fact we may feel momentarily relieved, but coming back up to normal can be hell for a lot of us. Everyone I know who has smoked weed to relieve an anxiety disorder has henceforth stopped doing so to avoid the bad effects it has on us.
- •BitchyIf I'm a bitch to you, it is not because of my illness, chances are you deserve it. You know who you are.
- •INSANEIf I had a quarter for every time I heard this one, I could pay for all of you "normal" people to be evaluated by your local therapists. Just so everyone knows, I actually have highly functional cognitive abilities, I know the difference between right and wrong, and I am extremely responsible. Things a lot of you who've called me "insane" still don't have a grasp on.
- •Trying to get attentionYES I HAVE PUBLIC, EXREMELY EMBARRASSING PANIC ATTACKS SO THAT I GET ATTENTION BC I JUST LOVE WHEN PEOPLE SEE ME HAVE A PERSONAL MELT DOWN SO THAT THEY CAN JUDGE ME ACCORDINGLY....Seriously people? I hope you caught my sarcasm by the way. Having someone find out or having to tell someone about your mental illness is just not fun, and a lot of the times it flat out sucks. Trust me, I don't want your attention here folks.
- •Overly medicatedI have very smart doctors with lots of degrees and experience who advise me on what I should and shouldn't take. Show me your PH.D. and then maybe I'll take your advice. Until then, ✋🏻. Medications help people like me feel good enough to function properly on a daily basis. That doesn't mean we'll be on them forever, and no most of them aren't addictive. We are smart and cautious about what goes into our bodies.
- •Going to give you my vivance because you were lazy and need to cram for a test tonightPeople, I actually need my Vivance so that I can make it through my day. Back tf off.